| Telephone: 01268 771122 | Facsimile: 0870 421 5619 | Email: email@example.com |
Disabled Facilities Grants
A Disabled Facilities Grant is a local council grant to help towards the cost of adapting your home to enable you to continue to live there. A grant is paid when the council considers that changes are necessary to meet your needs, and that the work is reasonable and practical.
Who can get a Disabled Facilities Grant
You can claim if you, or someone living in your property, is disabled and:
- you, or the person on whose behalf you are applying, are either the owner or tenant (including licensees) of the property
- you can certify that you, or the person on whose behalf you are applying, intend to occupy the property as your/their only or main residence throughout the grant period - currently five years
A landlord may apply on behalf of a disabled tenant.
What You Can Use It For
A grant can be used for adaptations to give you better freedom of movement into and around your home and/or to provide essential facilities within it.
If you are disabled, acceptable types of work include:
- widening doors and installing ramps
- providing or improving access to rooms and facilities - for example, by installing a stair lift or providing a downstairs bathroom
- adapting heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use
- improving access to and movement around the home to enable you to care for another person who lives in the property, such as a child
Please note that this section is provided for your information only. We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of other websites.
What We Do
- Level Access Showers
- Wet Floor Rooms
- Walk-in Baths
- Shower Chairs
- Wash Basins
- Non-Slip Flooring
- Grab Rails
- Specialist W.C. Systems
- Accessible Kitchens
- Swing Away Hinges